10 Things Successful Students Did to Pass the CPA
Studying for the CPA Exam requires focus and drive. Since thousands of accountants have taken this exam before you, it is to your advantage to follow the steps that worked to help them pass the exam. Here is a list of 10 successful things students did to pass the CPA Exam:
- Identify what time of day works best for studying. Some people are night owls, whereas some people like to study first thing in the morning. Know your habits and capitalize on them.
- Minimize distractions. Turn your phone off and limit access to social media while studying.
- Don’t focus only on multiple-choice questions. Make sure to familiarize yourself with all simulation questions.
- Don’t get writer’s block. Many test-takers fear the dreaded written communication requirement segment of the exam. Practice developing a thesis statement and write rest of your response in support of your thesis.
- Don’t underestimate the time you’ll need to study. Many test takers make the mistake of waiting until the last minute to study for the exam. It will take well over 100 hours of studying time to prepare yourself fully.
- Create a mock exam schedule and follow it. The CPA Exam takes stamina. Make sure you’re prepared by mapping out a day that follows the actual exam timeframe and take a practice test.
- Stay on top of testing windows. Make sure you know where and when you’re taking the exam. Where you plan on taking the test will inform how easy it will be to schedule.
- Keep it close to your vest. Sharing that you are taking the CPA Exam may put unnecessary pressure on your studying. It’s ok to keep it to yourself!
- Study hard until (almost) the bitter end. Study frequently until the last two days before the test, where you should lighten your load to absorb more information.
- Review courses are mandatory. Don’t do it on your own! There are several online review courses available that will help you get closer to your goal. In fact, ExamMatrix offers a Pass or Refund Guarantee on our exam review system.
When you want to be at your best to study for the CPA Exam, contact the experts at ExamMatrix today! Call us at 800.272.7277 or get a free demo!