7 Things to Know Before Taking the CPA
Preparing and sitting for the CPA Exam in your state is a major commitment to advancing your career. Unfortunately, many CPA exam takers do not adequately study for the exam or understand what it takes to become licensed as a CPA. To assist you with your preparations, here are 7 things to know before taking the CPA:
- To pass the exam, you have to commit a great deal of time to studying. The exam is made up of the following 4 sections: Auditing and Attestation (AUD), Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR), Regulation (REG) and Business Environment and Concepts (BEC). It has been found that those who successfully pass the exam spend upwards of 100 hours studying each section for total of 400 or hours of study time. Allow ExamMatrix’s CPA Exam Review to set a schedule for you that works.
- Only sit for the section you are prepared to take. Boost your chance of future success and confidence by beginning with a section you find to be the easiest.
- Choose the time and date of your exam wisely. If you are not a morning person, do not choose an early morning exam time. Additionally, avoid rushing to take your exam as prolonged, consistent studying is necessary to pass the exam.
- Without using reliable and proven study materials, it will be unlikely that you will pass. There is a large amount of materials that must be mastered in order to pass each section. With the ExamMatrix CPA Exam Review, the guesswork is taken out of deciding what to study as its software is based on a personalized study method that adapts to what you already know and lays out a study program tailored to your needs.
- The exam contains both multiple-choice and task-based simulation questions. You must be prepared to successfully answer both types of questions to ensure you pass each section.
- Be certain you complete the review materials, practice exams and personalized study program before sitting for your exam. Following the prescribed study program provided by ExamMatrix’s CPA Exam Review will afford you the best possible chance of passing your exam the first time you take it.
- Depending on the state in which you live, you may have additional requirements to meet before you can obtain your license. Check with your state to be certain you are up-to-date on what you need to do to gain your license after you have passed the exam.
To be certain you are giving yourself the best possible opportunity to excel on your exam, contact ExamMatrix today to employ our CPA Exam Review for your benefit.